JON WELLS - STRENGTH, CONDITIONING & crossfit COACH
Having developed a career in professional rugby during his early twenties Jon always had a passion for sport, fitness and health which led him into the fitness industry where he has worked for various large health club operators at health and fitness and club management level. After several years commuting / travelling around the country too and from work Jon took the decision to then follow his passion for education and complete a BSC honours in sport & exercise science at Bedfordshire university where he graduated in 2012.
While attending university he has worked as a personal trainer, working along side various osteopath's and physiotherapy's providing not only personal training but rehabilitation from pre and post treatment / operations.
- BSC SPORT AND EXERCISE SCIENCE
- CHARLES POLIQUIN LEVEL 1,2 & 3 STRENGTH COACH
- CHARLES POLIQUIN PIMST (POLIQUIN INSTANT MUSCLE STRENGTHENING TECHNIQUES)
- CHARLES POLIQUIN BIOSIGNATURE
- CROSSFIT LEVEL 1 (CF-L1) TRAINER
- UKSCA WEIGHT LIFTING WORKSHOP
- UKSCA PLYOMETRICS, AGILITY AND SPEED WORKSHOP
- UKSCA PLANNING EFFECTIVE PROGRAMMES WORKSHOP
- NASM CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER
- NASM PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT SPECIALIST
JAMES PRITCHARD - coach
Bedford Blues captain and all-time Canadian top point scorer, the professional rugby union player is putting his 14 years of sports experience to good use as he heads up the coaching team at Core Performance CrossFit.
As far back as he can remember James has always been passionate about sport and it is his continued determination which has seen him develop his own personal training business, before establishing core performance CrossFit in his adopted home town.
Having grown up with an elite sports background, strength and conditioning coaching has been a long standing part of james’s daily life since signing his first professional contract. Working with, and under, some of the world’s best coaches has helped James to develop his coaching techniques to suit everybody from elite athletes to those wanting to shift a few pounds.
- REGISTER OF FITNESS PROFESSIONALS (REPS) LEVEL 3 QUALIFIED
- CERTIFIED LEVEL 4 PERSONAL TRAINER WITH THE
- AUSTRALIAN FITNESS NETWORK
- CROSSFIT LEVEL 1 (CF-L1) TRAINER
- CROSSFIT KIDS TRAINER
- PROFESSIONAL & INTERNATIONAL RUGBY PLAYER
Passionate about fitness, James takes a huge amount of pride in his work which transfers over into his coaching. He is committed to setting a good foundation and then focussing more on the execution of technique, rather than putting emphasis on how much his clients can lift.
COREY HIRCOCK - CROSSFIT COACH
- Internationally capped for Ireland Under 19’s and part of the under 20’s 6nations and World Cup squad.
- 3 professional seasons at Munster Elite Academy 2010-2013, British & Irish cup winner
- All Ireland cup and Munster senior cup winner for Garryowen 2012/13
- Senior player for Bedford Blues 2013/14
- Senior player for Cambridge 2014/15/16
- Head rugby coach for Lincroft Middle School 2013/14
- Northampton community rugby coach 2014/15
- Crossfit trainer 2014/15
- Currently studying a bachelor in Science degree in Health, Nutrition and Exercise, which will lead to me gaining an accredited nutritionist status and GP referred personal training certificate.
- National diploma in Sport Performance and Exellence
- Level 1 Crossfit Trainer
- Level 2 Rugby Coach
JACK MITCHELL - coach
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 Trampoline coach
- Level 1 Health + Nutrition
- Level 1 Circuit training
- Level 1 Crossfit
- Emergency + First aid trained
I started off my sports career in trampolining at the grand old age of 2, by 14 I was in the top 10 in the country - the self styled bad boy of competitive trampolining….
Fast forward a few years, having left the spangly outfits far behind, I was the head coach of a major gymnastics club, focusing on improving the body weight strength of gymnasts, but my own training was lagging behind - so I hunted out a CrossFit gym and fell in love with the intensity, community and challenge of it.
I decided to do my Personal Training course to better understand different types of training and how they can affect different people - my mind was blown by how individual and intricate you need to be to get people to where they want to be!
Nutrition is a huge part of it, which many people neglect when approaching a fitness program. This is where I excel - in the kitchen! Feel free to ask for some recipes.
I pride myself on my people skills, and enjoy creating a environment where you’re enjoying being there and looking forward to each session. I feel thats the only way to create a sustainable, healthy you. So I ask you, are you wanting to lose body fat, tone up and look awesome? Get fit, be healthier and feel more confident in your own body?
Come and train with me in a friendly environment where you'll work hard achieve your goals but enjoy every step of the way.